Full-Time: Nairobi, Kenya
Kopo Kopo is transforming the way merchants and their customers interact in emerging markets. Kopo Kopo is leveraging the wildly successful mobile money systems in emerging markets like East Africa to build a merchant services platform that includes mobile payment acceptance, merchant cash advances and other value-added services.
As Technical Support Analyst you will be part of a rotating 24/7 Pan African support team, working closely with the wider technology team and customer engagement team for monitoring and troubleshooting. It is therefore important that you have a background in IT support and experience dealing with external and internal customers. You respond to support issues with the tenacity of a technology warrior and insist on excellence from our technology vendors and deliver excellence to our customers.
You will be responsible for following and improving the Kopo Kopo incident management process to ensure we are able to fulfil our service level agreements with our customers. Some of the key areas are:
- Issue detection via our various monitors and other channels
- Logging and tracking tickets
- Updating customers and our internal teams throughout the incident management process
- Issue diagnoses and issue resolution within the agreed timelines
- Acquire a deep understanding of the Kopo Kopo platform and its offerings across all markets, locally and internationally with a view of being able to troubleshoot issues
- Ability to run queries on data warehouse to solve issues (requires SQL knowledge)
- Accurate incident reporting
- Identifying proactive measures to improve service
Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in IT or related field
- Minimum of 1-year experience in a technology organisation, preferably mobile technology
- Ability to engage with peers at a technical level
- Passion for software development concepts and processes
- Ability to communicate effectively with merchants/customers from a technical standpoint
- Working knowledge of Ruby/Ruby on Rails or Android preferred
- Thrive in an environment of continuous change and complexity – can drive quality insights and work independently
- “Can do” attitude, team player, fun, energetic personality, works well under pressure
If you meet the requirements, Email your CV and cover letter with subject line “Technical Support Analyst” to email@example.com
Comments are closed.