Full-time. Nairobi, Kenya
Kopo Kopo aspires to change the way businesses access credit in emerging markets. We are partnering with wildly successful mobile money systems like M-PESA to build a lending platform that enables businesses to access credit and other value-added services through digital payment acceptance.
The Merchant Engagement Executive will drive for expansion of revenue and volume from existing and newly acquired merchants, up selling of value added services and maintain relationships with existing merchants. As an engagement expert, the Merchant Engagement Executive will ensure that merchants base grow and also work on retention strategies of existing merchants. As a champion for efficiency, the Merchant Engagement Executive will determine best practices for both communicating to large groups of merchants and getting specific feedback while maintaining a lasting, professional relationship with the merchant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive for expansion of revenue and volume from existing and newly acquired merchants
- Merchant retention for newly acquired and the existing merchants
- Upgrading of merchants from one segment to another
- Merchant rebranding and retraining
- Up selling of our value added services to the merchants
- Generating leads/referrals from existing merchants
- Making technical representation and demonstrating how a product meets merchants need
- Daily/weekly reporting on engagement activities
- Daily/weekly monitoring of merchants transaction trends and ensuring anomalies in transactions are reported and acted upon
- Suggest improvement to the system to better customer experience
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university
- 2+ years’ experience in account management
- Detailed oriented and data driven
- Passion for enthusiasm for technology and serving the merchant with a world-class customer service
- Good knowledge of the mobile operators corporate products and services
- Demonstrated understanding/experience of the operation of mobile payments
- Superior communication and multitasking skills
- Strong skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must have a desire to work collaboratively with sales and business development and be Part of a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to travel as requested
If interested, Email your CV and cover letter with subject line “Merchant Engagement Executive” to firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments are closed.