Full-Time. Nairobi, Kenya
Kopo Kopo is transforming the way merchants and their customers interact in emerging markets and developing countries. Kopo Kopo leverages successful mobile money and other digital payment systems onto a customized merchant payment platform to help merchants grow and prosper. Using a data-driven approach, the platform leverages all available data to offer a suite of value-added services such as marketing tools and cash advances.
Kopo Kopo seeks a Head of Product who will play a lead role in developing Kopo Kopo’s products that specifically addresses customer needs. The Head of Product will work closely with business, design, and technology stakeholders to ensure alignment of visions.
- Set a long-term vision for the Kopo Kopo platform. Think strategically about our product/market fit and our abilities to execute on this vision
- Own the product roadmap of the Kopo Kopo platform, thinking holistically across the entire value chain to further Kopo Kopo’s position as a global leader in digital payment acceptance
- Work with our customers to better understand their problems and issues with digital payment acceptance today
- Develop products that specifically addresses our customer’s core problems
- Define the product management process with a focus on rapid iteration, testing, and re-tooling using the agile methodology
- Help recruit, develop and retain top product management and design talent
- Think intrinsically about integration points with legacy systems and repercussions on product features.
- Collaborate with stakeholders (customers, product owners, designers, engineers, management) in crafting the Kopo Kopo product and services
Desired Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of product management experience, with experience in financial services, payments, or merchant services highly preferred
- Experience working for startups and a track record of growing a business
- Degree in engineering, science or related technical field. An MBA is a plus
- Passion and desire to think big and build a global billion dollar business
- Data-driven approach of measuring product success and driving teams
- Demonstrated track record managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle, including product strategy, requirements definition, and product marketing
- In-depth knowledge of Agile development processes, and a clear understanding of pros and pitfalls
- Thrives in an environment of continuous change and complexity- can drive quality insights and deliver high impact projects.
- “Can do” attitude, team player, fun, energetic personality, works well under pressure.
If you meet the requirements, Email your CV and cover letter with subject line “Head Of Product” to firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments are closed.