Kopo Kopo aspires to change the way businesses access financial services in emerging and frontier markets. We are partnering with wildly successful mobile money systems like M-PESA to build a lending platform that enables businesses to access credit and other value-added services through digital payment acceptance.
The Grow Sales Associate will work under in the Grow Department: Kopo Kopo’s division responsible for its cash advance service offered to merchants on the Kopo Kopo platform. Principal duties will involve: actively selling to eligible merchants and converting them to Grow customers, and ensuring their assigned market segment is well supported.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Contacting and understanding the financing needs of eligible Grow merchants
- Converting new merchants within their assigned market segment
- Work with the Grow Operations Team to ensure applicants pass minimum know your customer (KYC) requirements
- Liaise with the support and sales teams to ensure merchant inquiries are responded to within 4 business hours
- Provide quality customer service to both Grow and interested non-Grow merchants
- Build and manage relationships with merchants in their assigned segment to maintain high retention and repeat use rates
- Report to the program manager on any product features that can be improved (or bugs to be fixed) to better the merchant experience
- Report to the program manager on any new features that can be developed to improve the merchant experience
- Closely monitor the repayment behavior of the assigned merchants and report on regular basis to the program manager
Key Performance Targets
- Meet targets on the number of merchants contacted on weekly and monthly basis.
- Achieve pre-defined sales targets in terms of the number of Grow applications and the volume disbursed.
Merchant Inquiry Response Time
- Respond to merchant inquiries within 4 business hours.
- Keep standard sales reports up to date.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university
- 3+ years of experience in the financial services sector; preferably selling financial services products
- Working knowledge of mobile payments products and solutions
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Strong track record of working well with their teams
If you meet the requirements, email your CV and cover letter with subject line “Grow Sales Associate” to email@example.com
Comments are closed.