Full-time. Nairobi, Kenya.
Kopo Kopo aspires to change the way businesses access credit in emerging markets. We are partnering with wildly successful mobile money systems like M-PESA to build a lending platform that enables businesses to access credit and other value-added services through digital payment acceptance.
The Grow Operations Associate will work under the Program Manager – SME Financing in the Grow program, Kopo Kopo’s cash advance service offered to merchants who accept digital payments on the Kopo Kopo platform. Their principal duties will be to ensure applicants have been thoroughly and efficiently vetted for Grow and to actively communicate with merchants that have fallen behind on their payments.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Application Processing
- Respond to Grow inquiries from potential applicants
- Contact Grow applicants lacking the necessary information
- Collect, vet, and approve Grow applications, precisely adhering to the Grow know your customer (KYC) requirements
- Work with the Program Manager – SME Financing to report any irregularities with merchant KYC documents
- Work with the Program Manager – SME Financing to improve the KYC vetting process
- Document and report to the Program Manager – SME Financing on the number of approvals and pending applications per day
- Contact merchants who have fallen behind on repayments by precisely adhering to the Grow collections process
- Work with the Program Manager – SME Financing to improve the KYC collections process
- Document and report to the Program Manager – SME Financing on collections contacts on a weekly basis.
Key Performance Targets
- Application Processing
- Respond to all Grow inquiries within 4 business hours
- Call back all Grow applicants missing the necessary information within 4 business hours
- Collections Process
- All merchants deemed ‘at risk’ are called within 1 business day
- All points of the collections process are adhered to; with the process itself revisited every month
- Standard reports are kept up to date on a daily, weekly or monthly basis, depending on the frequency desired for the report.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university
- Strong attention to detail
- Working knowledge of mobile payments products and solutions
- 2+ years of experience in the financial services sector, preferably in credit operations
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent problem solving abilities
If interested, please email your CV and cover letter with subject line “Grow Operations Associate” to email@example.com.
Comments are closed.