Full time. Nairobi, Kenya.
Kopo Kopo is transforming the way merchants and their customers interact in emerging markets. Kopo Kopo is leveraging the wildly successful mobile money systems in emerging markets like East Africa to build a merchant services platform that include mobile payment acceptance, merchant cash advance and other value-added services.
The Business Development & Partnership Manager, based in Nairobi, leads both business development activities and project management/relationship management for existing and new partnerships.
This senior position will provide strategic leadership in business development in order to maintain a healthy, productive client pipeline of new business. The role also includes day to day management of all sales activities, including management of outside sales professionals and partners, to ensure Kopo Kopo meets all revenue targets.
From the day a deal with a new partner has been closed, the Business Development & Partnership Manager oversees the project management activities. Once the service is live you will support the partner in driving usage of the service.
Business Development responsibilities
- Develop BD strategy and plan in line with the Kopo Kopo long term strategy
- Develop new partnerships in new and existing markets
- Upsell products with existing partners (e.g. in Kenya, Ghana, Uganda, Rwanda, Zimbabwe)
- Develop, implement, and run processes from prospecting through deal signing
- Maintain high-quality standards for proposals, business cases, commercial frameworks
- Manage business development and pricing process (e.g. proposals, business case building, commercial frameworks, and contracts)
- Manage contract negotiations with input as needed from Kopo Kopo legal and executive teams
Partnership management responsibilities
- Oversee project management activities of the technical and business work streams
- Coordinate engagement activities to ensure a good uptake of the implemented service, e.g. weekly and monthly reporting, incident management, business and market advice
- Stakeholder relationship management of all partners involved e.g. acquiring partners, MNOs, PRSPs
- Requires up to 30% travel
- Maintain a professional and effective communication to all levels, stimulating initiatives, innovations, and motivation for continuous improvements
- Represent Kopo Kopo when directed at conferences, meetings, corporate reviews, committees and working groups, sales opportunities, marketing initiatives or other such ideas as conditions present
- Lead and motivate the Partnership Team
- Report weekly and monthly results to the Kopo Kopo management team
Characteristics of a successful candidate
- Understands the customer’s reality, challenges and “pain” and translate those needs into internal discussions and can clearly create problem statements, strategies, and actions
- A results oriented individual that is a good people’s manager, processes and follow-up on details. Should ideally have experience in project management in a technology environment
- Is a strong team player who commands respect through relationships and teamwork. You can obtain buy-in from stakeholders and create shared objective to get things done, rather than on reporting hierarchies
- Has progressive B2B Business Development experience preferably in the IT, Internet, Advisory, Consulting or Banking Sector
- Familiarity with the Heiman & Miller Conceptual Selling approach is an added advantage
Desired Skills & Experience
- University level degree required
- 6+ years sales and business development experience with specific experience on enterprise software sales to large organizations
- Project management experience, preferably in a software environment
- At least 2 years management experience
- Passion for relationship building
- Deep understanding of selling to highly hierarchal organizations
- A good knowledge of the mobile network operator corporate products and services
- Demonstrated understanding/experience of the operation of mobile payments
- Strong communication skills
- Passion and enthusiasm for world-class customer service
- Strong skills in Microsoft Word (e.g. proposals, contracts), Excel (e.g. business cases) and PowerPoint (e.g. proposals and presentations)
If interested, Email your CV and cover letter with subject line “Business Development and Partnership Manager” to firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments are closed.