East Africa’s first interoperable mobile money wallet for merchants
KAMPALA, UGANDA – Kopo Kopo, a global leader in mobile money-based merchant solutions, is proud to announce the launch of PayEasy in partnership with Diamond Trust Bank (Uganda). With PayEasy, retail merchants in Uganda can now accept customer payments at the point of sale via Airtel Money and MTN Mobile Money using a single, unified account – a first in East Africa.
“We’re thrilled to launch such an exciting service in partnership with Diamond Trust Bank,” says Kopo Kopo CEO Ken Kinyua. “We share a common vision, and that is to make mobile money convenient, effortless and indispensable for customers and merchants alike.”
With PayEasy, merchants have access to a suite of web-based tools for monitoring payment activity, requesting electronic statements and settling funds to their bank account in real-time. PayEasy merchants also receive a free starter kit that includes branding and education materials to sensitize their customers and employees.
To pay a merchant via PayEasy, customers simply let the cashier know if they will be paying via Airtel Money or MTN Mobile Money, and then the cashier initiates the payment by entering the purchase amount and customer phone number on their phone. The customer is then given an opportunity to review the details before confirming the payment.
“Kopo Kopo has been serving thousands of merchants throughout Sub-Saharan Africa since 2010,” says Kinyua. “We launched the first merchant aggregator and cash advance businesses in the mobile money industry and are thrilled to now launch the first interoperable merchant wallet in East Africa. It’s an exciting time to be in the industry and we are proud to be at the leading edge.”
To sign up for a PayEasy account or learn more, simply call or visit any Diamond Trust Bank branch in Uganda.
Kopo Kopo, Inc.
Kopo Kopo is transforming the way merchants and their customers interact in emerging markets. Kopo Kopo is leveraging the wildly successful mobile money systems in emerging markets like East Africa to build a merchant services platform that include mobile payment acceptance, merchant cash advances, and other value-added services.
The basic job functions of the Direct Sales Representative Lead is to proactively and systematically develop new direct business as a contributor while also to develop, manage, mentor the Direct Sales Representatives.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with Direct Sales Representatives to ensure consistent lead generation and sales.
- cold calling to arrange meetings with potential merchants to prospect for new business
- Responding to online requests, email, and phone enquiries
- Ensure that all sales representative activities are in accordance with Kopo Kopo’s guidelines or policies
- Recruit, organize and direct sales representative teams throughout the country
- Track sales team metrics and report data to leadership on a regular basis.
- Coach and develop direct reports.
- Implement performance plans according to company procedure.
- Embody company culture and maintain high sales employee engagement.
- Regularly meets performance targets for Sales Plan activities for the direct sales team
- Regularly meets or exceeds sales quotas, both personal and team
- On time performance, work ethic and quality of Direct Team and Personal Development Plans
- Provides accurate forecasts, updates and requested reports to Director of Sales
- Two years in a sales representative role; within fin-tech, experiential marketing, telecoms
- One year of prior management experience or demonstrated a willingness and ability to learn management basics.
- Strong intrapersonal skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with data analysis and reporting.
- Hardworking, persistent, and dependable.
- Positive and enthusiastic.
If you meet the requirements, Email your CV and cover letter with subject line “Direct Sales Representative Lead ” to firstname.lastname@example.org
Full-Time: Nairobi, Kenya
Kopo Kopo is transforming the way merchants and their customers interact in emerging markets. Kopo Kopo is leveraging the wildly successful mobile money systems in emerging markets like East Africa to build a merchant services platform that includes mobile payment acceptance, merchant cash advances and other value-added services.
As Technical Support Analyst you will be part of a rotating 24/7 Pan African support team, working closely with the wider technology team and customer engagement team for monitoring and troubleshooting. It is therefore important that you have a background in IT support and experience dealing with external and internal customers. You respond to support issues with the tenacity of a technology warrior and insist on excellence from our technology vendors and deliver excellence to our customers.
You will be responsible for following and improving the Kopo Kopo incident management process to ensure we are able to fulfil our service level agreements with our customers. Some of the key areas are:
- Issue detection via our various monitors and other channels
- Logging and tracking tickets
- Updating customers and our internal teams throughout the incident management process
- Issue diagnoses and issue resolution within the agreed timelines
- Acquire a deep understanding of the Kopo Kopo platform and its offerings across all markets, locally and internationally with a view of being able to troubleshoot issues
- Ability to run queries on data warehouse to solve issues (requires SQL knowledge)
- Accurate incident reporting
- Identifying proactive measures to improve service
Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in IT or related field
- Minimum of 1-year experience in a technology organisation, preferably mobile technology
- Ability to engage with peers at a technical level
- Passion for software development concepts and processes
- Ability to communicate effectively with merchants/customers from a technical standpoint
- Working knowledge of Ruby/Ruby on Rails or Android preferred
- Thrive in an environment of continuous change and complexity – can drive quality insights and work independently
- “Can do” attitude, team player, fun, energetic personality, works well under pressure
If you meet the requirements, Email your CV and cover letter with subject line “Technical Support Analyst” to email@example.com
Full-Time: Nairobi, Coast and Western Region Kenya
Kopo Kopo is transforming the way merchants and their customers interact in emerging and frontier markets. Kopo Kopo leverages the wildly successful mobile money systems to build a merchant services platform that include mobile payment acceptance and the extension of credit to SMEs.
This position seeks to acquire new merchants to use our platform, with a particular emphasis on ensuring growing customer satisfaction. The Key Account Executive is also concerned with developing & enhancing relationships with new and existing sales channels while growing and acquiring new business. The Account Executive reports directly to the Key Accounts Manager.
- Direct Acquisition of High-Value Merchants.
- Focusing on growing and developing existing high-value merchants.
- Playing an integral role in new business pitches and holding responsibility for the effective on-boarding of new clients.
- Management of partner relationships that will lead to increase in customer base of high-value merchants
- Resolution of a customer’s queries within agreed time.
- Developing and maintaining strong working knowledge of client portfolios and Kopo Kopo products.
- Recommending and contributing to the development of new products and services.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in sales, marketing or an equivalent field of study
- Demonstrated success in selling and marketing products
- Track record of customer-centric behavior
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong leadership, negotiation, and decision-making skills
- Proactive and highly self-motivated
- Willing to travel as needed
- Experience working in telecommunication, mobile money, or financial services a plus
If you meet the requirements, Email your CV and cover letter with subject line “Sales Accounts Executive” to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kopo Kopo aspires to change the way businesses access financial services in emerging and frontier markets. We are partnering with wildly successful mobile money systems like M-PESA to build a lending platform that enables businesses to access credit and other value-added services through digital payment acceptance.
The Grow Sales Associate will work under in the Grow Department: Kopo Kopo’s division responsible for its cash advance service offered to merchants on the Kopo Kopo platform. Principal duties will involve: actively selling to eligible merchants and converting them to Grow customers, and ensuring their assigned market segment is well supported.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Contacting and understanding the financing needs of eligible Grow merchants
- Converting new merchants within their assigned market segment
- Work with the Grow Operations Team to ensure applicants pass minimum know your customer (KYC) requirements
- Liaise with the support and sales teams to ensure merchant inquiries are responded to within 4 business hours
- Provide quality customer service to both Grow and interested non-Grow merchants
- Build and manage relationships with merchants in their assigned segment to maintain high retention and repeat use rates
- Report to the program manager on any product features that can be improved (or bugs to be fixed) to better the merchant experience
- Report to the program manager on any new features that can be developed to improve the merchant experience
- Closely monitor the repayment behavior of the assigned merchants and report on regular basis to the program manager
Key Performance Targets
- Meet targets on the number of merchants contacted on weekly and monthly basis.
- Achieve pre-defined sales targets in terms of the number of Grow applications and the volume disbursed.
Merchant Inquiry Response Time
- Respond to merchant inquiries within 4 business hours.
- Keep standard sales reports up to date.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university
- 3+ years of experience in the financial services sector; preferably selling financial services products
- Working knowledge of mobile payments products and solutions
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Strong track record of working well with their teams
If you meet the requirements, email your CV and cover letter with subject line “Grow Sales Associate” to email@example.com
Full-Time. Nairobi, Kenya
Kopo Kopo is transforming the way merchants and their customers interact in emerging markets and developing countries. Kopo Kopo leverages successful mobile money and other digital payment systems onto a customized merchant payment platform to help merchants grow and prosper. Using a data-driven approach, the platform leverages all available data to offer a suite of value-added services such as marketing tools and cash advances.
Kopo Kopo seeks a Head of Product who will play a lead role in developing Kopo Kopo’s products that specifically addresses customer needs. The Head of Product will work closely with business, design, and technology stakeholders to ensure alignment of visions.
- Set a long-term vision for the Kopo Kopo platform. Think strategically about our product/market fit and our abilities to execute on this vision
- Own the product roadmap of the Kopo Kopo platform, thinking holistically across the entire value chain to further Kopo Kopo’s position as a global leader in digital payment acceptance
- Work with our customers to better understand their problems and issues with digital payment acceptance today
- Develop products that specifically addresses our customer’s core problems
- Define the product management process with a focus on rapid iteration, testing, and re-tooling using the agile methodology
- Help recruit, develop and retain top product management and design talent
- Think intrinsically about integration points with legacy systems and repercussions on product features.
- Collaborate with stakeholders (customers, product owners, designers, engineers, management) in crafting the Kopo Kopo product and services
Desired Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of product management experience, with experience in financial services, payments, or merchant services highly preferred
- Experience working for startups and a track record of growing a business
- Degree in engineering, science or related technical field. An MBA is a plus
- Passion and desire to think big and build a global billion dollar business
- Data-driven approach of measuring product success and driving teams
- Demonstrated track record managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle, including product strategy, requirements definition, and product marketing
- In-depth knowledge of Agile development processes, and a clear understanding of pros and pitfalls
- Thrives in an environment of continuous change and complexity- can drive quality insights and deliver high impact projects.
- “Can do” attitude, team player, fun, energetic personality, works well under pressure.
If you meet the requirements, Email your CV and cover letter with subject line “Head Of Product” to firstname.lastname@example.org